Sunday, September 20, 2015
Our downstairs bathroom had developed a slope that tilted the toilet note alignment to tile wall, so we removed it and had to build floor back, replace the vinyl tile to match floor level and retile the floor. We just used the old tile, happened to have 3 new ones to replace those that had broken under toilet. The old toilet had a crack in tank and although it wasn't leaking, we decided to put in a one-piece one. Took over a week with all our other projects but just finished it tonight.
Tuesday, June 9, 2015
Monday, June 8, 2015
We are replacing the liner in the pool and got some help with prep and putting liner in. Eddie and Trudi, Keith and Denise, Tyler and Bridget. First lined bottom with black plastic and walls with foam. Also put aluminum flashing and preformed "cove" around bottom of wall. It's about half full of water. Will post more when all finished.
This swing's seat and cloth canopy cover had disintegrated so we decided to replace the seat with wood. Nice and sturdy now, just needs a shade cover. I think we will try some woven webbing like what used to be on lawn chairs. I have several rolls of different colors. More later when finished.
Wednesday, June 3, 2015
Saturday, May 2, 2015
We just bought a new Riding Mower with bagger and spent the day putting it together. Only major task was replacing brand new blades on deck with "High-Lift" ones needed for bagger. All finished and I mowed for a couple of hours this afternoon. Very nice.
We have had this kitchen cart since Teresa gave it to us probably 20 years ago. I thought I could use another shelf to hold lightweight things so we set out to build one. We noticed the boards on the side leaves were splitting at glue joints so we added supports underneath. Added dowels on each side to raise new shelf above my rotisserie that stays on the bottom shelf. Shelf Finished Cart Loaded