Saturday, March 7, 2009

Salad and Couscous with veggies.

Served hot with salad and iced tea. Very good. ( I know, my pictures loaded backwords so read from bottom of post )
Add water and couscous. Cover and let stand 5 minutes.

Add squashes.




Saute onions, garlic and peppers.


Garlic, onions, pepper, yellow and zucchini squash.



I bought some steel-cut oats at Earth Fare (Karen had served us some and we liked it) and while I was there, I found some couscous and tried it tonight. The recipe said be sure it was precooked or it would take an hour and since it was in a plain bag, I didn't know so had to test at 5:45 so I would have an hour before 7:oo. Not to worry, mine was precooked.

1 comment:

affectioknit said...

That looks really yummy - I'm definitely going to try it - I have some couscous already...

Love,

T